View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
n00bTard
semi-creepy HK obsession

Name: Drew
n00bTard is a splendid one to beholdn00bTard is a splendid one to beholdn00bTard is a splendid one to beholdn00bTard is a splendid one to beholdn00bTard is a splendid one to beholdn00bTard is a splendid one to beholdn00bTard is a splendid one to behold
Awards Showcase
Toys For Tots 2008: Donated to the Toys For Tots 2008 Toy Drive - Issue reason:  LP Big Game Campaign Ribbon: Played at the Big Game at LP 09.30.07 - Issue reason:  OP: Midnight Sun: Played at MS - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
GBB Magazine repair - please help

Ok, I have a USPc and a USP .45, both by KWA. I have 3 magazines for the compact, and 2 for the .45. I've done my best to maintain them, lubing the seals and valves and keeping a small amount of gas in them at all times, etc...

But they all leak. All of them. I can't believe it, I mean, I've heard these KWA mags have problems, but all 5 frikken mags leak.

I've been told that most magazine leaks are easy fixes, but honestly, I have no idea how to do it. Some leak from the base plate, some leak from the fill valve, some leak from the top seals, and I have no idea how to fix any of it.

What are some of the common magazine fixes that I can try? I've heard new O-rings, but that these KWAs use some sort of strange square-shaped seal. I've heard new fill valves, but I can't find any place that sells them. I've even heard super glue and epoxy, but no idea where to try that either.

I'd love to know some of the more common methods for fixing leaky gas mags. Thanks!